· Responsible for establishing media cell supported under the project and producing a concept note concerning role and functions of media cell.
· Develop indicators for monitoring the daily newspapers for monitoring GBV cases using baseline work done by National Commission on the Status of Women and Punjab Commission on the Status of Women.
· Monitoring daily news dailies for identification of cases of gender based violence and maintaining bi annual record of the same for analysis purpose.
· Produce narrative analytical report biannually on the cases collected from the newspapers.
· Design formats for documenting statistical and narrative report on the collected cases from daily newspapers.
· Prepare brief for the Chairperson and senior management in cases where intervention by the Commission is required or expected.
· Support the Commission in mobilizing state machinery for mutisectoral response for GBV cases where Commission decides by providing inputs on use of media and advocacy tools effectively
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with different stakeholders including civil society members, media and other concerned government and private advocacy partners.
· Develop information sharing protocol for the project and orient all staff on it.
· Act as the focal person for media engagement (electronic, print and social media) and ensure project information and dissemination.
· Ensure all information shared with media is in line with the information sharing protocols.
· Support the visibility of the project dissemination activities of KP CSW in districts.
· Develop, deliver and refine an advocacy strategy for the project and its different components.
· Closely coordinate with UNFPA focal point for the awareness raising activities component of the project including material development.
· Lead on development of communication tools, content, design and production of material for the project and relevant publications.
· Develop dissemination plan for the material developed.
· Study branding and visibility guidelines of donor and seek approval of Chairperson for using logos of relevant stakeholders.
· Coordinate collection of case studies with M&E officer concerning project interventions.
· Provide regular content for KPCSW website and any other external audiences as appropriate
· Write and disseminate press releases, newsletters, and other correspondence to appropriate forums and coordinate press coverage.
· Communicate with ministries, line departments on the activities being carried out by the commission.
· Develop media campaigns and public service messages.
· Coordinate and arrange press conference as when needed as guided by chairperson.
· Coordinate and arrange talk shows, debates and discussion on Women issues through electronic media when required. Using opportunities like 16 days of activism coordinate with print and electronic media for chairperson engagement and visibility of KP Commission on the Status of Women.
· Ensure flow of information between commission and its line departments, and with allies through regular communication.
· Maintain and update/upgrade records of commission’s publication.
· Work with the Commission’s management and the Project Coordinator on managing communications with current and potential donors including Commission Members, individual supporters, foundations, other organizations.
· Compile, analyze and produce annual report of KPCSW media cell on the basis of the data collected from newspapers.
Master Degree in related Social Sciences, Journalism and/or Mass Communications and other related Social Sciences with demonstrated experience in the field of Journalism and Media.
Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in Journalism focusing women development beat or issues
Demonstrable experience in conducting or facilitating media events and campaigns, visibility and media content development and article writing
Experience of working with government departments and with a range of stakeholders, particularly for women’s rights and GBV. .
Extensive experience in media relations, including devising key messages, writing press releases and handling media enquiries.
Experience with the development sector is an added advantage
25 to 48 years
Required Skills and Knowledge:
§ Experience of working on issues of women’s rights and gender based violence
§ Have excellent written and oral communications skills, good news judgment, the ability to develop strategic relationships with journalists on all aspects of media relations.
§ Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills (written and oral) and demonstrable writing and presentation skills.
§ Ability to work under pressure, sometimes with extended hours, and to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate context sensitivity while dealing with media and publicity statements on women issues;
§ Fluency in English and knowledge of Pashto is required.
§ Cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues;
§ Availability and willingness to travel frequently across KP