- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Livestock Field Facilitators (05 Females & 01 Male )
( First Shift (Day) )
Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)
Khyber Agency, Kurram, North Waziristan, South Waziristan, Orakzai
Bachelor (14 Years)
Diploma or Degree in DVM
These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in South Waziristan, North Waziristan, Orakzai , Kurram and Khyber Agencies of FATA, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration) and Program Officer, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator in performance of the following functions.
- The facilitator will form Livestock/ Poultry farmer groups, meet with them on daily, weekly or fortnightly basis.
- He/she will be holding LFFS sessions on different issues/ topics of immediate importance like farmer entrepreneurship, livestock management, on-farm experimentation, animal disease awareness and protection, Farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
- The facilitator will make his/her own schedules and must be able to manage his/her time in the field independently and stay in the field for required number of days.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work directly with farmers, and help them discover important concepts/ issues in livestock farming through practical learning.
- Hold awareness-raising meetings to introduce the LFFS concept, identify the participants, learning site/ sites and carry out participatory survey to identify focal activity/ activities
- Develop the LFFS group action plan, arranging field days, exposure/ exchange visits
- Arrange funds/budget for the LFFS activities through community/ groups participation and or project funding and maintaining proper record thereof
- Organize meetings between stakeholders in the Livestock value chains.
- Identify the local stakeholders, making contact with them, motivating/inviting them to participate in value-chain meetings, and organizing local meeting sessions.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING.
- Minimum Academic qualification of Diploma or BA. Priority will be given to DVM/ B.Sc (Hons) Animal Husbandry or Masters in Livestock Management or related subjects will be preferred.
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in farmer trainings.
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashto and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org