- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Driver - Balochistan Roster
Health & Medicine
Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS) ( First Shift (Day) )
Completion of Primary education. Valid drivers license recognized locally and appropriate to drive the type of vehicle assigned
LICA-2 (equivalent to GS-2)
1 Year(Safe driving record and at least 1 years experience as a driver working in a similar capacity. experience with the UN or INGO would be an advantage))
Under the supervision of the Admin & Finance Officer and the overall guidance of the WR Pakistan, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to established schedule; fulfillment of assignment is checked upon return to the office.
Summary of assigned duties: The duties are, but not limited to:
- Drives office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements, as required.
- Delivery/collection and customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches and transportation of documents, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. Performs minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensures the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Performs messengerial services within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
Achievement activities include:
- Services rendered in a timely and accurate manner and office car well maintained.
- Maintaining all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;