To provide technical support in the implementation and maintenance of the IT systems to ensure their proper functionality at the Federal office.
Overview of the programme
The continued transmission of poliovirus in Pakistan has become a national emergency. Pakistan now risks becoming the last remaining reservoir of endemic poliovirus transmission in the World and the only remaining threat to achieving polio eradication globally. IT systems are being applied to facilitate the carrying out of important operational functions in the programme and which require critical and continuous technical support. Furthermore, the Organization’s IT resources are expanding and require upgrading on a regular basis to ensure that its quality standards are being upheld.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Specialist and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative of Pakistan in collaboration with the IT Administrator, the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
1. Provide operational support to the polio programme of the WR Office on various ICT areas as needed, including on-site and remote support, to ensure reliable operations of ICT Systems being utilized by the polio programme in WRO
2. Assist in the implementation, integration and on-going administration of IT infrastructure facilities hosting WHO applications in line with WHO ICT Standards
3. Provide installation and troubleshooting support to the WR Office’s polio programme’s ICT related equipment
4. Assist in maintaining checklists, procedures and processes for effective ICT infrastructure support and service delivery
5. Assist in conducting reviews with regards to support capacity, availability and reliability of ICT infrastructure and service being provided to the polio programme in the WR Office
6. Assist to advise WR Office’s polio programme staff and non-staff on their ICT needs, technical specifications for IT systems to be procured or implemented, in line with regional office ICT Standards
7. Serve as a backup for other ICT team members in their absence. Carry out any other duties relevant to the job, as required by the supervisor
8. Carry out any other duties relevant to the job, as required by the supervisor(s) and/or WHO Representative.
· Demonstrates engagement and ensures own skills and knowledge are continuously updated.
· Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results; encourages cooperation and builds a rapport; helps others when asked; accepts joint responsibility for the teams’ successes and shortcomings.
· Shares information openly with colleagues and transfers knowledge, as needed.
· Manages stress positively; remains positive and productive even under pressure; does not transfer stress to others.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives.
· Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities.
· Up-to-date knowledge of computer hardware & technologies being utilized in the IT field.
· Up-to-date knowledge of computer software and applications being utilized in the IT field.
· Prior experience in hardware-and-software-based troubleshooting in an institutional setting.
· Prior experience in the operational management of Local Area Network (LAN), including knowledge of Internet Service Provider (ISP) connectivity.
· Knowledge of Windows/Linux platforms is a preferred requirement.
· Prior experience working with Cisco switches and routers is an asset.
· Working knowledge with basic Networking services, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Telnet, FTP.