The aim of permanent transit vaccination is to limit the risk of spread of poliovirus from infected to non-infected areas. Permanent transit vaccination Posts have been established at all such major routes used by people coming from or going to areas of concern. This strategy is currently being strength to ensure the polio virus transmission can be interrupted in Pakistan.
The site selection depends on routes taken by the movement pattern of population of concern and areas where it is possible to get them for vaccination.
Under the technical supervision of the Provincial Team Leader and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will work at the provincial level to undertake the following duties:
1. Be responsible for implementing the High Risk Population Strategy at Provincial level; The strategy will be based on the movement of population:
2. Support district health authorities in ensuring the SOP is followed rigorously
3. Undertake regular site visits to PTPs within the province (Districts and UCs level).
4. Ensure that all site (PTPs)in the province have the necessary logistics for functioning (Tally sheets and all other templates, vaccines carriers, marker pens, )
5. Assist Provincial Training Officer in training PTP vaccinators.
6. Responsible for collection, collation, and critical analysis for all provincial PTP data.
7. Make sure PTPs site selection are appropriate
8. Make sure the supervisory framework is well followed (the 3 components: supervision, reporting and monitoring)
9. Give a special focus on the population coming from high risk areas.
10. Track inter-provincial and international movements
11. Insure that supervision and monitoring of all transit post is undertaken