Under the supervision of the Polio Team Leader, Finance and administrative Officer and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will receive requests for supplies, check it according to WHO rules & regulations, proceed with request according to WHO check list procedures; follow up with different stakeholders the receipt of supplies and equipment. Work is assigned by supervisors who give instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently with some discretion in non-routine matters related to office procedures only. The incumbent will undertake the following duties:
1. In collaboration with the procurement unit, initiate procurement of goods and services using Global Management System (GSM), follow up with concerned parties' customs clearance, receipt of deliverable and finalization of payments.
2. Develop and maintain and efficient system to anticipate and forecast needs, monitor, distribute and order office supplies and stationery for e WHO office. Organize and maintain suppliers and supplies files, obtain relevant information and related background as required.
3. Prepare routine correspondence, related to assigned responsibilities, to local authorities and ministry of foreign affairs, type and finalize correspondence of administrative nature and prepare interim replies.
4. Maintain one single inventory of the WHO office and the sub-offices and arrange for periodic/ annual verification and annual submission of duly verified and signed inventory records to EMRO. Ensure all inventories items are appropriately tagged. Make recommendations and take action as the disposal of items as required after approval of the Regional Property survey Committee
5. Assist in maintaining systems for the efficient management of the fleet in Islamabad office and make recommendations for continued optimization of transport services. Organize the movement of office cars and drivers. Assist in arranging meeting/briefing with the drivers to discuss administrative issues or refresher training to update their knowledge and skills on road regulations, safe/defensive driving, basic first aid, radio communications, etc.
6. Initiate and finalize action for security clearances for internal and external travel of staff and visitors.
7. Assist/ replace colleagues in the WRO, and perform other security-related duties as required.