The Field Assistant, under the direct supervision of the Protection Associate in the Field Unit Kohat and overall supervision of the Associate Field Officer in SO Peshawar performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The incumbent will be in frequent internal contacts with staff members in the Sub Office to exchange information and with the external contacts such as officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
In close coordination with Protection Associate covering seven districts with 13 administrative refugee villages and urban caseload with total population of 130,870 individuals, the incumbent of position will monitor the living condition of People of Concern, report on the UNHCR funded activities in the field and ensure enhancement and coordination with all stakeholders. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for meeting with the Government Officials and our IPs and provide counselling to the individual refugees regarding the process, prospects and problems involved in each of the Protection options, in order to enable Person of Concerns to be realistic about their future prospects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills
Excellent knowledge of English and local language
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.