- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Health & Medicine
Special Short Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the supervision of the Head of office, with the guidance from the Chief Medical officer, (CMO) for technical matters and the Chief of Mission Pakistan, for administrative matters, the successful candidate will be responsible to support the Health Assessment Programs through activities related by performing the X rays and providing and the clerical support. In particular, she/he will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Carry out X-ray imaging of the migrants following the technical instruction of the health authority of migrant receiving countries.
- Perform proper processing of digital images on CR/DR machine.
- Ensure consistently high quality CXRs by correcting quality of the images and adhering to the technical requirement.
- Optimize the workflow in the radiology unit in order to ensure quick and smooth processing and timely delivery of CXR images and reports.
- Support the Migration Health Clinic by registration of applicant in UKGS, eMedical and MiMOSA; Counselling on Immigrant Medical Exam and pre-departure UK screening of UK applicant; burning CXR images on CDs, uploading digital CXR images to eMedical and ensuring proper record keeping.
- Ensure regular and timely quality assurance of the CR/DR and X-ray machines, and the reading of the personal radiation monitoring badge.
- Implement safety procedures in the radiology unit in accordance with the radiation protection rules and regulations. Implement infection control measures and ensure tidy and neat work environment.
- Perform regular quality control of identification procedures and correctness of data entry.
- Suggest additional measures to improve the quality, speed or safety of the radiological procedures.
- Perform such other activities as requested by the supervisors.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Medical technology in Diagnostic Radiology, preferably Degree from accredited institute.
- At least three years of working experience in radiography, especially CXR, and one year working experience in computed/ digital radiography
- Good computer skill is essential.
- Highly developed sense of responsibility, ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed sense of team work. Ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with internal and external colleagues.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English, working knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu.