Senior Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility.
The incumbent provides administrative and HR support to colleagues in UNHCR Quetta. The services provided include monitoring of attendance record, arranging medical examinations, participating in selection process, briefing new arrivals, etc. The incumbent performs personnel administration tasks including recruitments, separations, contracts timely renewal among others. The Senior Human Resources Assistant also handles Admin/Finance related tasks such as; preparation of requisitions and payment vouchers in MSRP. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions requires the maintenance of strict confidentiality and discretion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The workforce in the area of responsibility (AOR) is well-informed of the organisations human resources policies and practices.
- UNHCR provides a healthy, safe and respectful working environment for its workforce in the AOR.
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local general service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officers approval.
- Planning and Organizing
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in secretarial and administrative training.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.