The Head of TSU is intended to play a leadership role in providing technical and administrative support to the Federal Taskforce established by the Council of Common Interest (CCI) to oversee implementation of recommendations on population dynamics.
Major Activities and Expected Results:
· Provide technical, administrative and secretariat support to the Federal Task Force including but not limited to convening of Task Force meetings, coordinate the implementation of its decisions, report on progress and prepare working papers for the meetings;
· In consultation with all relevant stakeholders, formulate and coordinate implementation of comprehensive Action Plan based on the recommendations on population dynamics approved by the CCI;
· Coordinate all activities relating to the financial aspects of the implementation of the above-mentioned Action Plan;
· Coordinate with the relevant Federal and Provincial government departments, International Development Partners, private sector and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) for reporting on the implementation of the above-mentioned Action Plan;
· Coordinate with media, corporate sector, academia, religious scholars and all other segments of society for the matters relating to garnering support for the successful implementation of the above-mentioned Action Plan;
· Work as a lynchpin between relevant line ministries, the Federal Task Force and UNFPA.
· Supervise the TSU staff: a communications associate and a programme associate.
· Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society to address emerging issues and to facilitate implementation of the recommendations through coordinated advocacy and resource mobilization.
· He/ She will participate in key national and provincial fora such as the CEWG and FP 2020 working groups and update the status of implementation of the recommendations.
· The TSU will work under the overall supervision of Federal Task Force. Perform any other task as required.
The Head of TSU is expected to maintain collaborative relationship with all programme and project staff at the TSU and provincial Task Force Secretariat and with UNFPA CO.
The Head of TSU is located in Islamabad.
· Master’s degree public health, population, demography, Development studies, Public Administration and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Experience of managing population program at Federal level and understanding of latest development will be an added advantage.
· Experience: 5 to 8 years' professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector,
· Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing cultural diversity
· Embracing change
· Values: Exemplifying integrity, demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system, embracing diversity and embracing change
· Core Competencies: Achieving results, being accountable, developing and applying professional expertise. Thinking analytically and strategically, working in teams and managing self and relationships
· Managerial competencies: Engaging external and internal partners and stakeholders, learning and developing people, creating a culture of performance, making decisions and exercising judgement
Functional Skill Set:
· Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
· Results-based programme development and management
· Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English.