The Advocacy Reporting Coordinator will be responsible for consolidating advocacy and communications efforts of the project, providing assistance to teams in PMU, Provincial and Field Office in communications and outreach, documenting and reporting on project activities, experience and lessons learned through print and electronic media. The UNV will work closely with Communication and Reporting Officer in ensuring that the implementation progress of the project is well documented and reported in a results-based manner.
The Government of Pakistan has recognized the threat from GLOFs in its National Climate Change Policy and in its National Determined Contribution to monitor changes in glacier volumes and related GLOFs. To be able to strengthen capacities of vulnerable communities to address the GLOF issue urgently in the scale that is needed, the Government of Pakistan has secured GCF resources to upscale ongoing initiatives on early warning systems and small, locally-sourced infrastructure to protect communities from GLOF risks under the GLOF II project. The scaled interventions proposed by this project will expand coverage from two districts to fifteen districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan. The project will reduce vulnerability of communities’ land and water resources by implementing climate- resilient agricultural practices that contribute to food security, considering needs of the local population and promoting gender equality, benefiting over 696,342 people.
UNDP GLOF-II project intends to hire services of a UNV for Advocacy and reporting for coordinating communications and reporting efforts of the project, providing assistance to teams in Project Management Unit, Provincial and Field Office in communications, outreach, and awareness raising for GLOF-II project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Communication and Reporting Officer , the UNV Advocacy and Reporting Coordinator supports the implementation of the communications and advocacy strategy of the GLOF II Project as per directions of the National Project Manager and National Project Director
Specific duties include the following:
1. Support to implementation of communications and advocacy strategy
• Provides support and assists in development of communication and advocacy instruments and materials for awareness-raising
• Provides support in implementing the project Communications, Advocacy and Outreach Strategy at federal and provincial level with focus on target locations of the project.;
• Facilitates preparation of all electronic and print products (press releases, event programmes, knowledge products, etc.) of the project for events at national, provincial and local levels;
• Review of contacts with printers and other vendors/suppliers to ensure production of comms related merchandise.
• Maintains and updates the project comms work-plan on an electronic calendar accessible to all project staff.
• Prepares, updates and post, when needed, items and content to the corporate websites and social-media channels.
• Content collection and maintenance of information database and photo library on the project website.
• Assists in the preparation of presentation and briefing materials.
• Assists with extraction and research of data from various sources- including follow-up with Project Field Offices, Provincial Implementation Units, and external stakeholders as requested in the compilation and finalization of quarterly newsletter for all project activities at Project Management Unit level;
• Provides support in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to document the project implementation;
• Provides logistical support for missions, events and outreach for the project. communications
• Provides all relevant administrative support as required to the NPM and Communications and Reporting Officer.
3. Other related duties that may be assigned
• Supports in identifying opportunities for Project Communication and outreach.
Building Strategic Partnerships
• Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
• Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
• Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
• Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
• Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Creating Visibility for GLOF II Project to Advocate
• Collects and disseminates information on project focus areas
Conceptual Innovation in the Provision of Technical Expertise
• Responds positively to new approaches
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
• Uses information/databases/other management systems
• Understands Stakeholders engagement and responds to them in a timely and appropriate manner
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team-work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Informed and transparent decision making
Duty Station: Islamabad
Required Skills and Experience
A university degree in Communications, Journalism, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies, Social Sciences or a closely related field;
• At least 3 years of related experience in media, communications and event organization;
• Experience with UN system/Government of Pakistan/ international organizations is preferable;
• Thorough understanding of the climate change context in Pakistan, and experience working with government institutions and international or non-governmental organizations supporting development work in environment and climate change;
• Strong communication skills, and ability to liaise with various stakeholders, including government officials;
• Strong demonstrated experience of encouraging and supporting female participation;
• Ability to work team-oriented and collaborative with a variety of stakeholders;
• Professional experience in national and/or international media outlets is an asset;
• Experience with social-media and web-site content management is an asset.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in English and Urdu.