- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
National Programme Officer (Programme Analysis and M&E)
Special Short Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Pakistan faces a variety of natural hazards that have led to recurrent disasters in past years, leaving behind critical gaps and heightened vulnerabilities within affected communities. The Multi-Year Humanitarian Programme (MYHP) for Natural Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery in Pakistan is based on a consortium led by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
The consortium comprising of ACTED, FAO, HANDS, IOM and UNICEF has been formed to devise and deliver integrated, multi-sectoral and good-value preparedness, response and recovery programming that builds local capacities, meets life-saving needs and supports community-level recovery in a way that enhances resilience for the future. Areas prone to or affected by natural disasters across the country will be targeted under the scope of this programme.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and Senior Programme Manager, direct supervision of Programme Coordinator and in close coordination with consortium member agencies, the Programme Officer will responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the implementation, periodic review, application and improvement of monitoring and evaluation systems of the programme at Islamabad and field level, in order to measure the progress related to the achievement of the expected outcomes, outputs and activities defined in the project documents. This includes liaising with IOM HQ on M&E best practice and frameworks for incorporation into the MYHP programming.
- Coordinate the development and testing of M&E methods at all levels, revise, recommend and assist in the implementation of recommendations to improve the efficiency of current monitoring systems.
- Work closely with relevant units and consortium members to implement quality control mechanisms to improve the quality of the collected information, ensuring consistency across field offices, programmes and donor requirements.
- Produce analysis of programme data and identify methods to use results for services and programme improvement; work together with consortium members and programme partners to gather and analyze data for project management and evaluation.
- Ensure availability of baseline data and devise tools for needs assessments, as required.
- Assist in organizing evaluation of programme and activities including thorough review of methodology, survey material, or suggesting data collection techniques or approaches in the implementation of planned activities.
- In close coordination with Programme Coordinator follow up on findings and recommendations of programme reviews and evaluations to ensure that related recommendations are well-understood and considered for the continued implementation of the programme and future project development
- Provide technical guidance, training and support to consortium members and other implementing partners regarding M&E tools.
- Contribute to finalization of documents or regular reports including but not limited to quarterly progress reports, situation reports, briefing and background information required by the donors, Government and other entities in consultation with respective consortium members.
- Stay up to date regarding assessments and reports produced by other agencies and organizations and promotion inclusion of relevant and important information in consortium reports and future strategies.
- Maintain appropriate liaison with Information Management Unit for tracking and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in development assistance projects and/or management of M&E portfolio.
- Demonstrated skills in monitoring and evaluation, including developing tools and systems for monitoring and evaluation services; data management, report writing and analysis.
- Experience in design and management of evaluation processes, including with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of Results Based Management (RBM) approach.
- Understanding of Participatory approaches, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, Logic modelling/logical framework analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Publisher, Excel and Power Point).
- Strong writing capacities, with demonstrated writing skills in English, and an ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience of working in humanitarian situation, with previous work experience in international organizations.
- Work experience in challenging environments.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of other regional languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)