- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Resource Management and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant will be responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts and updating internal financial information and statistical data, and other ad hoc requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere;
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
- Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
- Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
- Prepare necessary receipt and journal vouchers;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
- Perform other related duties as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written)