- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Travel and Protocol Assistant
Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS) ( First Shift (Day) )
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training. Desirable: University degree in social sciences, business administration or related field is an asset.
LICA-6 (equivalent to GS-6)
8 Years(At least eight years’ experience in travel, protocol, security or administrative areas.)
Purpose of the position:
To support the WHO operations in Pakistan with regard to travel and protocol arrangements of WHO staff members, dependents, consultants and participants to meetings. Ensure completion of all registration formalities of international staff and visitors with local authorities and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in terms of residency permits, entry/extension/exit visas and other immigration aspects
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead (Admin/HR) and the Operations Officer/ Administrative Officer, and the overall supervision of the WR the duties of Travel &Protocol Assistant listed below:
- Act as travel and protocol focal point; brief and guide staff, non-staff and visitors on WHO travel policy and rules related to travel class, entitlements and protocol matters, as well as travel modules in General Management System (GSM)
- Support the team members in organizing travel, reviewing travel requests, obtaining price quotations and travel itineraries from travel agent(s), hotel bookings, arranging security clearance and facilitating in raising travel requests in GSM.
- Advise staff on visa and vaccination requirements; ensure that visa application forms completed correctly, attaching necessary supporting documents and liaise with embassies for timely issuance of visas.
- Support missions of official visitors; make necessary arrangements for accommodation, transportation, meet and assist at airport; immigration & luggage clearance and police registration (if required).
- Ensure international staff and their families/dependents, official visitors and consultants are registered as per the Pakistani immigration rules. Prepare and follow up on correspondences with concerned parties specially Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Airport authorities and Immigration department to facilitate entry, exit and extension of Pakistani visas for international staff and their dependents.
- Coordinate with EMRO technical units on all logistic arrangements for inter-country meetings held in the country, facilitate visa issuance to meeting participants, make necessary hotel reservations, and provide required equipment and other services.
- Draft correspondence with all counterparts and ensure travel processes are well documented. Update and maintain related files and records through an efficient system in conformance with specific guidelines and work requirements.
- Participate in surveys regarding hotel rates and meeting arrangements, and ensure the corporate hotel rates are regularly updated.
- Prepare for long term corporate agreements with potential hotels, travel agents and food/refreshment providers for WHO meetings/events.
- Verify invoices received from hotels and travel agents and ensure payments are made in a timely manner in collaboration with other WCO colleagues.
Skills and knowledge:
- Typing in English at the standard speed established by the Organization.
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Good knowledge of modern office procedures and computers and experience in Oracle based ERPs, like GSM.
- Knowledge about WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines.
Good knowledge of modern office procedures and, Ability to maintain good working relationships, Good filing and organizational skills,