The Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport shipping, customs clearance and warehousing management in the operation.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Local liaison with partners effectively supports supply activities.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief items according to operational needs.
- Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations; maintain an efficient system for the release, distribution and redeployment of goods.
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of relief items.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting sections.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), organisation of the physical verification of PPE, ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed, and preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board, and organise the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
- Identify, assess and select vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Make recommendations to senior management for resources allocation to support on-going operations.
- Determine shipment methods, routes and delivery schedules to meet demand in the most timely manner.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of the Secondary School Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant professional job experience
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language (as applicable in the duty station).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP);
- Other UN procurement and logistics training – such as IAPSO and UNPD;
- Knowledge and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP Supply Chain applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.