The position is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and work plan. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position may directly supervise some support staff.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- Standard and ad-hoc reports are produced. Trends and patterns of data are analysed and interpreted.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the operation, including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verifications; production of standard and ad hoc reports.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Provide training, as necessary, to UNHCR staff as well as staff-members of implementing partners in relevant aspects of data management.
- May be required to coordinate with the GIS officer to ensure that data collection is compatible with GIS.
- Archive and backup database systems; ensure security of databases; perform database administrator functions.
- Assist in development of new applications/Databases needed by the UNHCR Offices/Units in area of responsibilities in order to perform their tasks smoothly.
- Ensure that the clients' databases are up-to-date by identifying and keeping what is relevant and accurate in an accessible manner.
- May be required to support registration activities including ProGres technical support and on-site assistance.
- May be required to support Voluntary Repatriation activities including reconciliation of VolRep data from country of asylum and encashment Centers, verification of Voluntary Repatriation Forms (VRFs) and coordination with VolRep Centers (VRCs) on information issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Technological Awareness
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Completion of Secondary Education with certificate/training in Information Technology & Database Management.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Training Skills.
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities.
- Technical GIS knowledge.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test/interview.