Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS in Pakistan has signed a contract with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) for construction of women hostels. The project title is “Infrastructure for Enhancement of Gender Equality and Rule of Law in Pakistan”. This project will be implemented with 2 Police forces in Pakistan namely Sindh Police and National Highways and Motorway Police (NH&MP). The total project duration is 36 months. The beneficiaries will be female trainees recruited to Sindh Police and NH&MP and women at large through greater access to rule of law.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the functional supervisor, the Procurement & Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the management of a variety of procurement and contracting processes and /transactions for goods, services and works for the Business Unit.
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Client Services
- Logistics and Asset management Support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress
2. Client Services
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
3. Ensures provision of reliable logistics and asset management support, namely:
- Proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property;
- Preparing accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office as well as for projects.
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility; Implementation of an equipment management and accounting system for all equipment and properties managed by the office, in accordance with UNOPS equipment policy;
- Processing of supply requisitions for office premises;
- Assistance with timely and effective customs clearance
- Administering the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation
4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
Impact of Results The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Assistant affect the work the work completion of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and Business Unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Full working knowledge of English and one or more of the local languages is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA Contract level: Local ICA Support Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
This is a local post and open to Pakistan nationals only.
- It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
- UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
- UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
- UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
- With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understands and addresses our partners’ needs, and continually strives to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
- UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.