Purpose of the post: The Programme Assistant RADS is responsible for supporting the Risk Assessment and Decision Support (RADS) Unit’s Cells in the planning, organizing, and implementation of the National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP) activities for Polio Eradication.
Overview of the programme: Pakistan polio programme has made tremendous progress in reaching and vaccinating persistently missed children and detecting and responding rapidly to the presence of the polio virus whenever and wherever it is identified. The goals and objectives of NEAP 2017/18 are expected to be delivered across the programme’s three key Areas of Work (AOWs): Programme Operations, Risk Assessment and Decision Support, and Management, Oversight and Accountability, which form part of the operational structure in the National and Provincial Emergency Operations Centers (EOC). Reaching these goals and objectives will require that all levels of the programme generate specific deliverables through the implementation of specific series of high-priority tasks and activities. These deliverables, tasks and activities will be tracked through NEAP Implementation Work Plans and Quarterly NEAP Reviews. In addition, they will be monitored with specific reference to team and individual accountability. RADS includes all activities focused on ensuring that Programme operations are driven by the best available data and operational research, with information reaching decision makers and frontline staff in a timely manner and in a format that helps drive Programme priorities, performance and accountability.
Organizational context: Under the technical supervision of the RADS Coordinator, the Polio Team Leader and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative; the Program Assistant RADS will be expected to perform the following:
Monitoring and Evaluation, High-Risk Mobile Populations, Rapid Response Unit and Surveillance:
1. Understand and assist in managing RADS Cells outputs and activities, project controls, project correspondence, and project reporting as per the Cells work plans.
2. Become completely familiar with all project documents.
3. Responsible for inter-cell co-ordination regarding operations as well as updating of data related to the RADS Cell activities.
4. Update project action item lists as required with input from project management.
5. Assist in coordinating all technical issues with RADS Unit and Cell coordinators
6. Assist RADS Unit and cell managers to anticipate and avoid or minimize potential problems by maintaining current knowledge of overall project implementation status.
7. Assist in preparing quality work, meeting requirements for plans, specifications, and relevant standard operating procedures.
8. Support to facilitate and monitor the SIAs and other related program activities whenever required.
Data and Information Management Cell:
1. Maintain and update a proper computerized information system of campaign data.
2. Assist in getting campaign coverage data from all districts and its timely compilation and sharing with the provincial and federal offices.
3. Update and analyze campaign data at district as well as union council levels. Identify problems/inaccuracy in data files and inform the supervisor to enable for corrections to be made on a timely basis.
4. Support the NEOC Operation Cell in data entry and analysis, and any other related tasks.
General Programme support
1. Provide full administrative support to the RADS Unit and Cells, including drafting and reviewing correspondence and taking minutes of meetings.
2. Arrange appointments, receive visitors, screen telephone calls and respond to routine request for information.
3. Make travel arrangements and process security clearances. Book accommodation and arrange airport transfers as necessary and when requested.
4. Assist in the organization of meetings and/or trainings held at federal level and makes all administrative and logistic arrangements.
5. Establish and maintain an electronic and hardcopy filing system for each of the technical units.
6. Support the Unit’s Coordinators to maintain and update staff leaves records and updating of staff files accordingly.
7. Assist in maintaining effective communications with all team members.
8. Coordinate with the logistics and administrative departments to assess the stationary requirements and be responsible to maintain/update records of stationary and distribution of the RADS Cells.
9. Perform other tasks as and when required
Functional skills and experience:
1. At least 3 years’ experience working in the humanitarian sector.
2. Previous work experience with an international organization desirable.
3. Previous experience monitoring and/or evaluating a public health system is an asset.
4. Previous experience working with data and information systems is an asset.
5. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
6. Proven ability to understand and work with Programme-specific Information Management Systems
7. Proven ability to process, analyze and interpret data.
8. Proven ability to supervise, train, and work in a team
9. Experience with Open Data Kit and GIS desirable
1. Demonstrates good skills and relevant knowledge of needs and priorities in own area (e.g. Possesses sound knowledge at country level).
2. Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results.
3. Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively.
4. Promoting WHO's position in health leadership. Required Skills