- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Special all Inclusive
Under the direct supervision of Senior Migration Health Physician; and overall supervision of Chief of Mission; the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the diagnostic aspects of the health assessment for the UK & Australia bound visa applicants in accordance with the UK Tuberculosis Detection and Australian Health Assessment protocols.
The duties and responsibilities will be as follows
- Conductsputum smear, culture and Line Probe assays at the IOM microbiologylaboratory.
- Providetechnical support in the collection and transportation of sputum and otherbiological samples in IOM health assessment centers.
- Maintainstrict compliance with procedural and safety SOPs as well document theprocedures undertaken according to the standards.
- Ensurethat the laboratory machines and instruments are properly maintained andcalibrated.
- Assistin other pathology investigations required for health screening.
- Ensurepreservation and storage of Sputum samples for AFB microscopy, AFB cultureand preferably for molecular identification.
- Providetraining on Sputum Microscopy to the Government counterparts in resourcepoor settings.
- Assistthe microbiologist in maintaining the minimum stocks of reagents and otherconsumables in the Lab.
- Disseminationof reports to the respective offices.
Any other duties as may be assigned
Degree in Microbiology
Working experience in a TB lab not less than 3 years.
Any experience in quality assurance principles is an advantage
Fluency in English