Scope of the assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Health Protection and Promotion (HPP) Cluster and overall guidance of WHO Representative (WR) , the incumbent will assist the Provincial Departments of Health (DsOH) and partners in the development of a Strategy andPlan of Action, within the context of the Pakistan National Plan of Action on NCD. S/he will assist in integration of NCD in national health programmes and support development of NCD Regional Database.
In particular, the incumbent, in close collaboration with DsOH will:
1. Update the NCD profile in Pakistan using different sources of data; identify most common NCD and key risk factors contributing to that end.
2. Assist Provinces in developing cancer registry and NCD data base.
3. Assist in the development and implementation of Provincial NCD action Plans based on the National Action Plan and integrate the NCD prevention and management into the health policy and programmes.
4. Assist in building capacities of programme managers and health care providers on NCD prevention and control.
5. Design and implement a model for integrating NCDs in PHC.
6. Assist in development of a framework to monitor implementation of provincial plans.
7. Conduct porgramme technical and financial monitoring and evaluation.
8. Keep good and productive relationship with partners.
9. Provide periodic reports to WR through the HPP coordinator.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of the epidemiology of chronic diseases and their risk factors.
- Technical and managerial competencies in one or several chronic disease programmes.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Computer Literacy word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and analysis softwares
1) Communicating in a credible and effective way.
2) Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
3) Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
4) Fostering integration and teamwork.