(TERMS OF REFERENCE)
Human Resource Assistant (SSA)
Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Coordinator (Polio), and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative, the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following duties:
1. Initiate all recruitment actions including processing establishment of new positions, preparation of post description forms, vacancy announcements, screening of applicants and necessary arrangements for tests and interviews.
2. Maintain a record of TORs for staff and consultants and keeping track of all contract extensions and renewals for PEI/EPI staff (GS, SSAs and APWs) employed by the program (staff files)Maintain HR database, monitor expiration of all types of staff and non-staff contracts, including initiating extension, separation and other staffing actions in GSM as needed, attaching necessary documents
3. Update and maintain HR filing system, including performance appraisals, ensure confidentiality, and provide statistical information and reports as and when necessary
4. Provide briefing to staff and non-staff on HR related rules and procedures especially on Contracts, Visas, UNLP, Travel Arrangements, Entitlements, Recruitment, Promotions and Leave Records as well as on general administrative matters.
5. Follow up with concerned units/sections on necessary arrangements regarding, travel, visas, residency permit, security clearances, UN IDs, for all staff and non-staff
6. Check and validate monthly payment requests (salary sheets) for SSAs, APW
7. Liaise between WHO country office, sub-office and regional office as well as GSC in processing all issues related to human resources