PURPOSE OF THE POST
Under the overall supervision of a Health & Nutrition Specialist and direct supervision of Health and Nutrition Officer, the SM will support and facilitate section in collection, consolidation, analysis, interpretation, reporting and dissemination of data on Health interventions. The SM will help in planning, implementation of capacity development plans of partners in ENC, IMNCI, package of Mother and Child Week and dedicate most of the time for monitoring and supplies handling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support section in coordinating and monitoring of MNCH and HIV AIDS related activities with MNCH Program, LHW Program and Provincial AIDS control Program and facilitate partners in planning and implementation of relevant activities (New-born Care strengthening, CMW deployment, Mother and Child Week, Family Care Centre and other HIV related activities),
2. Collect, compile, clean and analyze data on UNICEF supported Emergency Health interventions in KP on weekly basis and generate the desired weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and give feedback for corrective actions. Provide inputs for UNICEF internal weekly, biweekly and monthly SitRep, OCHA SitRep, cluster bulletin and donor reports as and when required. Ensure representation of UNICEF in the health cluster and other coordination meetings as and when required.
3. Undertake field visits to UNICEF supported project sites of all emergency health plus relevant regular programs (MNCH, LHW and PACP) to monitor implementation of interventions in the province; undertake analytical interpretation of the available information in order to assess progress of the UNICEF response, using relevant monitoring indicators. Provide technical assistance (TA) to partners in their plans and field work
4. Forecast relevant supply needs .draft supply plans, raise and follow sales orders, monitor flow of supply assistance to partners, local authorities and end users. Collects, analyse and records information on supply inventories, distribution and utilization and give timely feedback to partners.
5. Support section in forecasting of funding needs and, ensuring timely fund releases to partners, following and liquidation of all relevant DCTs
6. Develop training plans for agreed packages as per MYWP (ENC, Infection prevention and BCC), facilitate partners in implementation of plans and monitor activities in the field.
Fluency in English and another UN language required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Analytical and conceptual ability; communication skills.
Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work & projects.
Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Iniative, passion and commitment to UNICEFs mission and professional values.