TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Administrative and Finance Officer for Polio Eradication as the first level supervisor and the overall supervision of WHO Representative as the second level supervisor, the Finance Assistant will undertake the following duties:
1. To maintain appropriate accounting records for funds spent in his province of assignment in accordance with WHO financial rules and procedures particularly:
1.1. Review, check and computerize the provincial accounts for Polio operations.
1.2. Maintain follow-up system for collection of accounts from Provinces.
1.3. To be responsible for handling cash for the office.
1.4. To prepare monthly statement of accounts and process payments.
2. To organize financial support for training workshops and seminars held in his province of assignment including reimbursement of participants and prepare statements of accounts.
3. To perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor including adhoc tasks.
Knowledge of computer systems and applications such as Microsoft office specially EXCEL, WORD and POWERPOINT.
- Ability for analytical, independent work in an organized manner.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English Language.
- Team player to solve professional problems/hurdles.
- Can work under pressure.