- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Logistics Assistant (Tally)
Distribution & Logistics
--- ( firstshift )
Karachi, Lahore, FR Peshawar / Kohat, Peshawar, Quetta
Secondary school education supplemented by experience in WFP logistics/transport.
1 Year(At least one year of related experience in inventory keeping or warehousing in logistic/transport operations.)
PKR. 40,000 to 45,000/month
Within delegated authority, the Tally Clerk will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supervise the loading, off-loading and stacking of the commodities, and assist the storekeeper to keep updated records on stack cards, and/or computer inventory lists;
- Make appropriate remarks on the consignors documents and WFP tally sheets when differences are observed between consigned and received quantities;
- Supervise cleaning exercise after loading and off-loading and reconstitution exercise when required;
- Check and control incoming goods both food and non food commodities by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, rejection of any spoiled commodity, reconditioning of underweight bags, etc to ascertain that they meet the required specifications and to report anomalies if any;
- Prepare the delivery of goods upon request of the storekeeper and against official and approved documentation;
- Participate in periodic physical inventory checks as assigned by the storekeeper;
- Timely report and, in consultation with the storekeeper, undertake re- bagging/repacking, reconstitution and segregation of damaged food;
- Implement proper stacking according to commodity and Shipping Instruction (SI) numbers;
- Prepare Dispatch tally sheets for commodities issued from the warehouse;
- Distribute tally sheets to the users as per WFP guidelines;
- Record all commodity receipts, issues and disposals on stack cards;
- Assist the storekeepers supervision and training of casual labor;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge of Basic computer skills including keyboard/mouse skills and knowledge of common basic software packages. Knowledge of commonly used office equipment.
Language Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.