Scope of Work: As ERRA’s Livelihoods Team Leader at the DRU level, responsible for project co-ordination (i.e. planning, monitoring and reporting) and technical support to all interventions taking place under ERRA’s Livelihood Rehabilitation Strategy at the community, union council, tehsil and district levels in the earthquake-affected areas.
· Co-ordinate the livelihood activities of ERRA’s implementing partners at the community, union council, tehsil and district levels.
· Establish and manage an effective district-level Livelihood Working Committee (LWC) by chairing and coordinating its regular meetings.
· Supervise the compilation of the livelihoods data base for the earthquake-affected areas at the district level by the DRU Livelihoods Officer, and share the information compiled with LWC.
· Build the institutional capacity of ERRA/DRU and the relevant Government line departments, NGOs, private sector organisations and other implementing partners in the livelihood approach.
· Consolidate community livelihood rehabilitation plans (CLRPs) at the district level, analyse them sectorally, and establish relevant partnership mechanisms with Government line departments and other implementing partners.
· Liaise with other DRU sectoral units and relevant Government line departments regarding ways in which those livelihood needs identified by communities but not being addressed by implementing agencies, can be addressed by other agencies.
· Assist ERRA, the Programme Management and DRU in the recovery and capacity building of Government line departments.
· Make recommendations for access to the Community Investment Fund (CIF) and consolidate proposals for approval by District Rehabilitation Advisory Committee through ERRA’s Director of Economic Sectors and DRU.
· Assist DRU to ensure that CIF is utilised efficiently and effectively.
· Call on the expertise of the technical staff based in PERRA and SERRA when required.
· Perform other related duties as required by the FAO Livelihood Adviser, ERRA’s Director of Economic Sectors and DRU Programme Manager.
Reporting: technical bulletins; minutes of meetings, financial statements; training schedules; draft annual work programmes and budgets; draft monthly project progress statements; draft quarterly and annual project progress reports; and end of assignment report.