Under and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician (Project manager) and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission
The incumbent will be responsible for the health assessments of visa applicants for Canada, UK, Australia & Canada. The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
· Perform health assessment including clinical examination for migrants and refugees.
· Vaccinate refugee migrants, and administer prophylactic medicine for travel safety during pre departure medical screening.
· Review laboratory results, radiographs and radiologist’s reports for client classification.
· Supervision and quality assurance of medical information data entry into MiMOSA database and e-health system.
· Diagnose and refer the clients to particular medical specialist with identified significant clinical and abnormal lab findings.
· Refer applicants with abnormal X-ray findings consistent with active or inactive TB, for AFB sputum smears; if necessary, explain the reason and the procedure.
· Provide counseling to the patients with AFB-positive sputum smears and refer them for treatment to the institutions of the National TB Program or private practitioners.
· Advocate for the screening of the family contacts of clients diagnosed with infectious tuberculosis.
· Take part in the quality control/quality assurance by liaising with the service providers (radiology unit, clinical laboratory) on a regular basis, correct minor digressions from the regular procedure, inform Project manager about current or potential problems, jeopardizing integrity of the program and suggest improvements and ways of optimization of the procedures.
· Supervise staff and daily activities at the clinics.
· Take part in training programs.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project manager or Chief of Mission.