Works in close collaboration with UNICEF and government immunization and partner counterparts to support the development and facilitate the implementation of evidence driven communication plans of action aiming at: (a) behaviour development/change at the individual/household levels; (b) social mobilization of civil society organizations; and (c) increased community participation in immunization programmes.
Leads the development of the overall work plan for communications activities for polio and immunization, monitors compliance and provides support and guidance to ensure objectives are met. This includes performance planning, monitoring and appraisal.
Provides technical support to agency communications support officers in the high risk agencies, and other agency staff to ensure communications strategies are in place at the agency and Union Council level. Plans must address the appropriate challenges based on the analysis of campaign and surveillance data.
Develops partnerships with individuals, groups and organizations whose support is essential to ensuring support for immunization, particularly achieving advocacy and communication objectives. Focus is on strengthening their capacity through appropriate advocacy and communication training, access to updated information, supplies and equipment and through experience-sharing.
Monitors implementation of communication activities for immunization and other relevant issues by reviewing progress and identifying constraints through field visits, consultation with government counterparts, partner, community and UNICEF staff. Responsible for producing a monthly progress report which will be shared with the provincial and national level team.
Plan and prepare for an emergency situation.
Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of the local working language an asset.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Ability for analytical, independent work in an organized manner.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely on technical issues with creative expression.
- Skills in interpersonal and other forms of communication.
- Ability to coordinate research, analyzes, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Participatory training/facilitation skills desirable.