The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned positions;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
1. Contributes in planning & execution of provincial and district communication for development (C4D) strategies for maternal, neonatal and child health including emergency based on researches and data.
2. Support to programmes in the production and adaptation of C4D support and capacity-building materials (e.g., films, video, audio-visual, etc.), and oversees the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design).
3. Monitors and evaluates the appropriate and timely implementation of C4D activities including dissemination of C4D support materials to participant groups, and participates in the evaluation of their impact.
4. Develop and maintain close collaboration with mass media, as well as with relevant government departments and partner organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of C4D objectives for maternal, neonatal and child health.
5. In consultation with Health & Nutrition Specialist, prepares background C4D and promotional materials for special events (including emergencies) briefings and visits of media, goodwill ambassadors, donors, national committee representatives and other special interest groups.
6. Support in developing capacity of partners in C4D for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of programme activities.
7. In consultation with Communication for Development Specialist, support communication working group within province coordination for enhancing delivering as ONE-UN visibility in Province
Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, programme communication planning, training of adults and the role of mass media.
Ability to research, analyse, evaluate, synthesize and develop programme communication strategies and material.
General ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media.
Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other UNICEF partners.
Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media.
Commitment to gender equality.