The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned locations;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
1.Assists in developing the supply component of the Country Programme, including systems for the procurement and distribution of supplies to all project sites. Prepares tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes.
2. Monitors the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Drafts supply and financial documentation. Collects and records information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization.
3. Develop and implement a PC based supply tracking database.Maximise support to Programme sectors in the area of data analysis. Ensure timely & accurate data collection and dissemination.
4. Investigates queries regarding authorization, delivery or payments and follows up with Finance, Administrative, Supply and Programme staff on processing of payments, advances to governments and liquidation of accounts. Ensures that activities are in accordance with plans of action.
5. Undertakes visits warehouse facilities and project sites, which include providing information and briefing on project activities and status.
6. Ensure efficient co-ordination between logistics functions, and provide on-going training and development to supply and logistics staff. In conjunction with the Supply Officer, provide assistance to Programme Sectors in planning and budgeting project implementation. Other logistics related duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Fluency in English and Urdu. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
Analytical and conceptual ability; communication skills.
Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work & projects.
Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEFs mission and professional values.
Ability to bring technical expertise and experience in procurement to identity several possible approaches.