The Mid - Level Advisor will be based in the UN Women sub-office and will draw support and guidance from UN Women country and sub-office teams as and when required. He/She will work under the direct supervision of the Minister Women Developmen.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Liaison with Finance and P & D department on daily basis to keep track of the ongoing schemes.
- Design a monitoring and follow up system, including monitoring plan, for the projects under the preview of the minister
- Develop an information management mechanism for day-to-day status report of the projects and update the minister on follow-ups and progress
- Facilitate the consultative process on the Gender Equality Framework through effective coordination between the Minister’s office and the UNW’s sub-office.
- Develop mechanism for follow up on the action plan of Provincial Policy on Women Empowerment & Gender Equality.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with all relevant government departments and stakeholders
- Provide technical advice and support to the Minister WDD Baluchistan in developing programs and strategies towards women protection and empowerment in Baluchistan.
- Assist the Minister in her participation for official events by preparing small informative briefs for each event and provide support in organizing official events hosted by Minister WDD Baluchistan.
- Provide regular advice and support on day to day operations and facilitate the Minister WDD in every respect.
- The Advisor will send monthly reports of follow-up on the provincial policy on women empowerment & GE to UN Women focusing on results
While performing the above mentioned responsibilities Advisor will be taking the following areas into account:
Ethics, logistical arrangements and Communication:
- All the correspondence from Minister’s office for women empowerment and gender equality
commitments will be done with the signatures of the Minister.
- In case if there is any situation where the writing to stakeholders is imperative to be rolled out from the Advisor with his/her own name then the prior approval of the draft is required from the UN Women and the WDD Minister.
- Advisor will maintain the communication database that includes: all attended meeting minutes, letters to partners (Government & Civil society), and all attended event reports (in briefs). Furthermore, it is mandatory that a copy of these communications is shared with UN Women.
- The advisor shall have weekly meetings with UNW sub-office team in Balochistan and brief them about work done and women’s situation in the province particularly from the political perspective.
- The Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Minister and not the Women Development Department. S/he will not support the WDD in their official capacity unless requested by the Minister. Any formal support to the WDD would require prior approval from the Minister and UN Women.
- Consultant will prepare his/her quarterly work plan in consultation with WDD and UN Women and submit to both.
- Monthly updates of the work plans along with output and verifiable indicators will be shared with UN Women.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, and Experience
-Minimum five to eight years experience in working with the Government, NGOs and international organizations on development issues, with strong experience in , mainstreaming gender in development, and institutional development
-Strong networking/linkages, communication/negotiation and coordination skills
-Advanced degree in social sciences focus on gender issues considered an asset;
-Fluency in oral and written English;
-Experience in project/proposal development, reporting and monitoring skills