The Receptionist is responsible for organizing the reception of large and medium size FAO Representations. He / she is the first point of contact for receiving and directing visitors and enquirers and provides routine office support duties for the Representation. He / she works under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the National Administrative Officer.
The incumbent performs the following duties:
· Receive visitors, external staff (experts, consultants, etc.), suppliers, colleagues from other regional and UN agencies and other national and international institutions coming to the FAO Representation; inform and direct them to the appropriate office and/ or country office staff.
· Operate the switchboard; receive and place incoming telephone calls; provide introductory information regarding the country office structure, its responsibilities and the responsibilities of its office staff.
· Receive, answer and/or direct incoming e-mails enquiring general information about the Representation.
· Receive, direct and mail all hard copy correspondence and documentation, including faxes.
· Maintain communications and correspondence logs.
· Set up, update and maintain directories, telephone and e-mail lists, office records and files, reference guides, and manuals.
· Type correspondence, administrative forms and documents, and any other material as required.
· Maintain and send out information material about / from the FAO Representation, Country, etc.
· Carry out support tasks regarding the production and distribution of reports, including the collection and assembly of background material, photocopying, collating, mailing, etc.
· Carry out simple administrative duties, such as making travel arrangements, organize meetings and events held in the country, etc.
· May assist for maintaining the country office Library;
· Perform any other related duties as required.