- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Senior Programme Assistant (Database)
Database Administration (DBA)
Service Contract (SC)
Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in human resources, public administration, transport, development economics
4 Years(At least five years of progressively responsible experience, of which at least one year was closely related to programme functions.)
PKR. 60,000 to 80,000/month
- Undertake negotiations for and prepare project documents with government ministries and other participating agencies;
- Organize project planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions to identify and analyze problems and recommend project;
- Assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets;
- Monitor the receipt of necessary shipping, freight or other documents and notify the appropriate WFP officer of non-receipt;
- Monitor the processing time for settling freight forwarders accounts;
- Issue letters of guarantee and no-charge invoices as instructed;
- Monitor, update and track data related to project issues, commodity pipelines and financial allotment status reports, informing the relevant divisions accordingly; ensure accuracy of data related to the above;
- Analyze and prepare projections for food commodities and non-food items to ensure timely call forward and/or local procurement;
- Assist in compiling monthly statistics on food aid and commercial food shipments to the country;
- Maintain records on programme activities, from formulation stage through completion, by extracting relevant information from reports, project committees, budget records and other documentation; make information available for country briefs, country profiles, and other related purposes; ensure project cycle deadlines are met;
- Analyze contract terms and conditions, and correct any observed discrepancies between contract rates and invoice amounts;
- Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for project/programme activities such as making interventions and presentations in meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc;
- Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions;
- Provide guidance, on-the-job training and assistance to support staff;
- Evaluate, develop, recommend procedures. Participates in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow up actions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.