Under the overall guidance the Country Programme Director, and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Admin Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to UN Women, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The Admin Assistant - IT promotes a client-oriented approach.
The Admin Assistant- IT works in close collaboration with Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UN Women HQ staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues and assists in the implementation of all corporate ICT policies in the country.
Summary of key functions:
q Implementation of ICT management systems and strategies
q Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
q Support to networks administration
q Provision of administrative support
q Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
q Equipment and General Inventory Management
1. Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate informationmanagement and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the COtechnology environment.
- Support to the use of Atlas (UNWOMEN’simplementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results andimproved client services.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented work plans.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technicalfunctions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks,memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Advising and recommending on the ICTequipment to be procured, keeping in mind the basic requirements as perUNWOMEN corporate policy.
- Assistance in the installation ofcommercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades
- Assistance in upgrading patch andanti-virus programs on a timely basis.
- Monitoring of file server traffic,usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis.
- Support to users in backing up andrestoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal andprevention.
3. Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in trouble-shooting andmonitoring of network problems.
- Response to user needs and questionsregarding network access.
- Assistance in backup and restorationprocedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance toorganization of off-site storage of backups.
4. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventoryof all UNWOMEN equipment including ICT, software and hardware.
- Maintain updated record of movement ofUNWOMEN inventory items and loan forms.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials.
- Maintenance of the inventory and stockof supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit.
- Maintenance of the filing systemensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from varioussources.
- Research and retrieval of l data from internaland external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables andreports as required.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in theorganization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Sound contributions to knowledgenetworks and communities of practice.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned bysupervisor
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
q Demonstrates commitment to UNWOMEN’s mission, vision and values
q Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Functional Competencies:Knowledge Management and Learning
q Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
q Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
q Ability to respond rapidly to the everyday changing environment with regards to ICT and products.Development and Operational Effectiveness
q Ability to provide basic IT support services
q Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP
q Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
q Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems
q Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
q Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit,
q Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systemsLeadership and Self-Management
q Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
q Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
q Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity