- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Migration Health Physician
Health & Medicine
Under and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Physician and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the clinical assessment of the visa applicants for UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada in accordance with the Protocols of respective countries. The duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Review chest X-ray films and radiologists reports and classify them.
- Read Chest X-ray films in absence of substantive radiologist
- Enter medical information into Global software and Mimosa database.
- Work as the lead clinician in implementation as well as smooth running of Australian E Health program.
- Refer the applicants with X-ray findings, consistent with active or inactive TB, for AFB sputumsmears and cultures; if necessary, explain the reason and the procedure.
- Inform the applicants about clinically significant X-ray findings, not compatible with tuberculosis,and suggest follow up.
- Provide counseling to the applicants with AFB-positive sputum smears and refer them for treatment to the institutions of the National TB Program or private practitioners.Provide them with the referral letter, copy of X-ray and IOM Medical Form.
- Refer the family contacts of applicants with infectious tuberculosis for further work up.
- Explain the procedure and results of investigations to other applicants, if they wish so.
- Suggest follow up in the country of destination, if necessary.
- Prepare certificates for eligible applicants.
- Take part in the quality control/quality assurance by liaising with the service providers(radiology unit, microbiology laboratory) on a regular basis, correct minor digressions from the regular procedure, inform Chief Migration Health Physician about current or potential problems, jeopardizingintegrity of the program and suggest improvements and ways of optimizationof the procedures.
- Inoculate and vaccinaterefugee migrants, and administer preventive medicines for infectiousdiseases during pre departure medical screening and perform DNA testing ofimmigrant clients as requested.
- Supervise Sub office ISLAMABAD and dailyactivities at the clinics as Head of Sub Office as well as do thequarterly and yearly staff appraisals of sub office colleagues.
- Actively participate andassist the Chief Migration Health Physician in Public Health / PreventiveHealth IOM Programs.
- Provide Medical Escorts asper request by respective High Commissions.
- Represent IOM at variousforums and meetings accordingly.
Conduct capacity building and training programs for a successful delivery of services as per IOM standards
University Degree in Medicine
Fluency in English, Local Languages Added Benefit
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Conflict management Skills