The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned locations;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
1.Timely and effective user support is provided on an on-going basis, by assisting in the programming and implementation of new systems and performing first and second line support functions.
• Swiftly responds to incoming calls and communication for customer/business services, registers all incidents/queries, and provides first time answers and resolution as is possible.
• Dispatches service calls, in a timely manner, to the correct groups or SMEs as appropriate.
• Liaises with Computer Focal Points and Field Office ICT staff on resolution of common incidents/issues.
• Works closely with Problem Management for incidents that have no workarounds or solutions.
• Tracks and monitors the incident throughout its life-cycle, including verification and closure.
• Supports project roll outs and implementation of new processes, including testing debugging and implementation of new application and systems.
• Analyzes problems, identifies alternatives, tests and recommends solutions.
• Works with Business third line support to identify correct procedures and solutions in a timely manner.
2. Timely and proper Info Communication Technology support is provided to users, SMEs and ICT Management for maintaining the organization’s computer systems infrastructure.
• Provides users with solutions to identified incidents, requests or services interruptions; provides timely feedback, status or progress report as per established policies and procedures; provides the Forward Schedule of Changes for planned and short-term changes of service levels.
•Helps maintain the Organization’s computer systems infrastructure or its web and data base application
• Provides SMEs with feedback received from users, additional updates or to request for faster resolution.
• Provides ICT Management with feedback using end-of-shift or daily reports; identifies and reports customer training/education needs based on requests/incidents reported to Global Help Desk.
3.Escalation is properly directed in a timely manner.
• Diagnoses and resolves Global Help Desk calls related to applications or processes redirected from the Global Help Desk first line support and escalates them to Global Help Desk third line, SME support or ICT Operations Management for resolution of escalated issues and/or policy guidance as necessary. Keeps users informed of the status.
•Assists in maintenance of ICT service Global Help Desk processes with users Departments.
4. Performance monitoring and assessment is regularly conducted for service improvement.
• Ensures application/compliances of ICT policies and guidelines, established processes and procedures by all team members.
• Provides detailed metrics periodically on Help Desk queries, analyzes them to assess staff performance, faulty areas in the ICT infrastructure causing issues, and defines training needs, for improvement in the service provided to users.
5. Documentation and training of the Help Desk processes and procedures is provided to maintain internal knowledge continuity and competency.
• Ensures Help Desk processes and procedures, with particular emphasis on business processes, are well documented and kept up to date.
• Provides support in the training, development and distribution of user instructions and other related materials. Classifies and maintains the documents on the database/Intranet Web site.
• Develops training plans for the second line business team members to ensure appropriate level of knowledge on the business issues. Helps develop technical documents and manuals.
• Conducts the users training/induction process for new staff rotating to the help desk on internal processes/procedures, help desk tools and the ICT Operation/Services environment.
• Compiles Frequently Ask Questions and maintains knowledge databases for eventual distribution among help desk analysts and to make them available to users in HQs and field offices.
6. Assignments of additional duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
• Performs any additional assignments as requested by the supervisor.