The Programme Officer will supervise clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Officer, under the guidance of Program Specialist, works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UN WOMEN HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Planning, Budgeting, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring, Evaluation of EVAW related activities and programme developing EVAW strategies
2. Formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan
3. Support to management of the CO programme
4. Administrative support to the Programme Unit
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Conceptualization, Planning, Budgeting, Implementation, Coordination, Monitoring, Evaluation of EVAW related activities and programme developing EVAW strategies
q Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
q Management of programme activities related to EVAW (including EVAW Alliance, legislative review, VAW projects on anti-trafficking, dowry violence and acid violence; 16 Days campaign)
q Serve as lead staff for EVAW projects.
q Provide managerial assistance in the tasks related to the administration of the EVAW and HIV funds.
q Analyze the information and prepare drafts for information materials on EVAW.
q Support Program specialist in developing strategic partnerships both government and non government organizations, UN agencies and donors.
q Development and implementation of training programs.
q Provides substantive inputs to a) policy recommendation regarding EVAW and HIV b) monitoring and evaluation reports, including reports to donors c) integrated work plan of all EVAW activities within UN WOMEN and those resulting from consultation with all major stakeholders.
q Develop project on positive women initiative in close coordination with UNAIDS, NACP and MOHR;
q Manage and coordinate the implementation of the project and UN WOMEN contribution to Joint Programme Component on HIV and AIDS in a cost-effective manner;
q Compile, consolidate and finalize narrative reports;
q Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions;
q Follow up budgetary allocations and expenditures;
q Facilitate Finance officer in compiling the financial reports;
q Ensure that all project activities and reports meet UN WOMEN rules and regulations and standard practice;
q Ensure that all stakeholders, CSO’s and government are regularly informed and updated;
2. Formulation of programme strategies, resource mobilization and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Support in developing and implementing UN WOMEN strategy on VAW and HIV and
q Implement annual work plan.
q Ensure creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy in cooperation with the Program Specialist and UN WOMEN team; and establish and maintain good working relationships between all parties
q Support in coordination with different donors for resource mobilization
q Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
q Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreements.
q Catalyze partnerships and enable networking amongst stakeholders on gender issues in Pakistan to promote knowledge networking and sharing of information to ensure efficient resource utilization
3. Provides effective support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
q UN WOMEN participation in UN Reform
q Support CPD in UN WOMEN corporate processes, fundraising and networking
4. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Assist in the overall implementation of the programme including technical and administrative mattersincludingpresentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports. Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
q Documentation of programme activities and management of office records
q Comment on project documents as requested by Ministries/departments and international agencies.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
q Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
q Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.