PURPOSE OF THE POST
Under the general supervision of the Communications for Development Specialist, the position will contribute to project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, including teamwork and capacity building among provincial polio M&E officers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Liaise with Communication for Development Specialist, Polio Communications Data Management Officer and provincial polio teams to ensure the effective implementation and utilization of UNICEF’s Planning Reporting Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation (PRIME) system for communication data.
2. In collaboration with the Polio Data Communication Officer, ensure effective coordination with provincial Polio Monitoring and Evaluation Officers to ensure all research activities are monitored including liaison and the provision of relevant guidance to third party data and research contractors. Provide follow-up action on monitoring and review findings and prepare relevant reports. Assist in the development of provincial M&E work plans, training, and research initiatives when required.
3. Provide operational and analytical support for the efficient flow of PRIME data. Analyzes programme implementation reports and evaluates against established programme recommendations and plans of action. Report outcome of analysis and reviews and proposes corrective actions.
4. As appropriate, ensure the effective coordination and sharing of data with NYHQ, PME Section, federal and provincial governments, WHO, NGOs, and COMNet staff for program advocacy and information.
5. Provide data and analysis for donor reporting and advise on the effective presentation of trends and activities including editing, quality assurance and standardization of periodic and final reports and presentations.
6. Engage with UNICEF federal polio communication and media staff to ensure that all communication and social mobilization activities are evidence based and are measurable to show an impact of UNICEF interventions for polio eradication; also coordinate with the training consultant/officer to ensure highest quality standards in data training for all CommNet staff.
7. Conduct regular field visits for monitoring and validation/cross checking data collected by field staff/partners including conducting rapid focus groups and in depth interviews to assess and validate provincial and district communication plans.
8. Support other monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of additional local languages would be an asset.
Knowledge of measurement and evaluation of communication for development processes. Analytical and quantitative ability; verbal and written communication skills to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects & Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions, Integrity, high ethical standards.
Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural gender equal environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications, Training in statistical softwares / Devinfo / SPSS and knowledge will be an asset. training and/or experience in the use of data to inform and influence the development of communication strategies and activities.
Ability to travel to different parts of the province and provide relevant monitoring & evaluation guidance and supervision to field teams.
Knowledge of the social, political and economic environment of the provinces. Working field experience in Pakistan is an asset.
Ability to make data presentation with strong report writing skills
Ability to negotiate and liaison with different stakeholders.