The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned locations;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
1. Controls and operates bank accounts in accordance with UN/UNICEF financial rules and regulations and local banking practices. Provides up-to-date information on the cash position or status of such accounts. Reconciles bank statements, keeps abreast of all procedures and regulations regarding the maintenance of bank accounts, exchange and interest rates, etc.
2.Monitors financial transactions and accounting reports, and reconciliation of accounts, to ensure availability of accurate and up-to-date financial information.Prepares required reports and statements for the Representative and HQ.
3.Undertakes visits to sub-offices to provide accounting and finance training and support, establishes and/or reviews systems and procedures for compliance with the rules and regulations, and prepares reports and recommendations.
4. Prepares and analyzes financial data for cross-sectoral budget estimates and financial planning.
5. Assists Admin and Finance Manager in the review of partner’s account in the context of HACT’s & IPSAS implementation.
6. Assist the Administrative and Finance Manager and Chief of Operations in the UN Reform.
7. Manages VISION system, provides training and orientation to staff on its use and coordinates with ICT on technical adjustments or irregularities to meet local conditions. Supervises timely maintenance of computerized accounting and finance system.
8. Reviews budget expenditures by codes against approved allotments, and verifies compliance with reports received from HQs.
9. Responsible for the safekeeping of cash and cheques.
10.Briefs the staff on the application and interpretation ofUN/UNICEF accounting and financial rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
11.Controls petty cash fund, disbursements, recording andaccounting.
Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is desirable.
Good judgement, initiative, high sense of responsibility, organizational and analytical skills.
Ability to conduct training.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Ability to express clearly in both written and oral form.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both witin and outside the organization.