- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Service Contract (SC)
HSSC, Diploma in Electrical or Computers.
5 Years(5-7 years of experience preferably handling of HF, VHF radios and Satellite phone etc.)
1. Works closely with Communication Manager. Assists Comms. Manager in all routines. Takes over all the responsibilities in case of his absences.
2. Installs, maintains, upgrades and supports the radio communication systems including HF/VHF systems.
3. Provides regular user support to UN Agencies in terms of radio programming etc.
4. Maintains a central database of call signs and Sel-calls for all UN agencies operating in Pakistan.
5. Assigns Sel-calls and call signs to personnel and vehicles of UN agencies in Pakistan.
6. Performs regular maintenance work as and when required in the UN interagency radio rooms.
7. Liaises with UN interagency radio rooms and makes sure that contact information such as call signs, Sel-calls and telephone numbers are updated regularly.
8. Assesses status of the IA radio room and performs upgrades to enhance MOSS compliance.
9. Setup and implements procedures in the IA radio rooms for normal operations and security tracking.
10. Provides training in the use of VHF and HF radio equipments to IA radio operators as well as UN staff in general.
11. Provides computer training to allow radio operators to log incidents, produce documents, initiate correspondence and formulate shift rosters.
12. Instructs staff on map marking and general awareness.
13. Installation of Fixed Satellite phones in radio rooms and mobile stations.
14. Knowledge of digital radios technology and its advantages over analog.
15. Basic IT supports i.e. installation of Computer Systems, Antivirus, user support and configuration emailing in radio rooms.
16. Assists Comms Manager in procurement process of Communications and other related equipment for radio rooms operations.
17. Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the CSA/ DSA/ Comms Manager.
18. Must be prepared to travel throughout the country, sometimes at short notice to assist with the installation of communications equipment
Knowledge of HF, VHF radios and Satellite phone etc.