The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned positions;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Install and / or administer the office multi-user network or computing facilities and other data and telecommunication facilities. This involves administering data security for and user access to such network and / or facilities and troubleshooting ad-hoc hardware or software problems experienced on the network or facilities.
- Assist with the introduction and technical operation of organizational computer applications (especially ProMs). This involves overall understanding of the functioning of the system and the inter-action of data between sections within the office and with HQ divisions. Assist to install new version of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in their functioning.
- Arrange for and / or perform office training and support for computerisation. This involves drafting an office computer training and support plan. Outside training may need to be arranged or in-house training courses formulated and given. Ad-hoc support to users experiencing difficulties will involve analysing the source of the problem and solving it, whether hardware or software related. Act as the training focal point.
- Assist with the introduction of specific computer hardware and software. This involves assisting in interpretation of NYHQ guidelines for local office relevance and preparation of Purchase Orders with vendor interaction on specifications. Installation of new hardware is scheduled with users.
- Advise users on appropriate use of software packages and administer software policy for office.
- Administer maintenance of computer equipment. This involves interaction with vendors to prepare and administer equipment maintenance agreements and to co-ordinate the arrangements within the office for reporting equipment problems and placing service calls for repairs as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of computer equipment.
- Assist with the establishment of electronic communication linkages required for e-mail. ProMs, Internet / Intranet and cost-effective communications, using Sita or other recommended technologies.
- Any other duties specified by the supervisor.
Other Skills and Attributes
Current knowledge of the latest developments and technology, in the field.
Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programs, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills.
Leadership and teamwork abilities.
Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Written and Spoken Language Skills
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station an asset.