- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Distribution & Logistics
--- ( firstshift )
Karachi, Lahore, Quetta
Preferably supplemented by University Degree and some courses in Logistics.
4 Years(At least four years of progressively responsible support experience including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, administrative services or other related field. At least one year at G4 level or equivalent.)
PKR. 50,000 to 60,000/month
- Post daily despatches of WFP food and non-food commodities in the corporate system; monitor the correct use and quantity as per loading orders;
- Respond to queries regarding commodities staff in the unit and elsewhere in the Programme;
- Monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and other data;
- Provide day-to-day reports on the progress and movements of WFP shipments (by land, sea, or air);
- Monitor and report on WFP food stocks in operations warehouses and prepare weekly stock reports;
- Assist and advise on flight planning, weather forecast and restricted flying areas, or railroad schedules and movements, or ship movements and schedules;
- Coordinate and manage deliveries by suppliers, clearing agents and WFP warehouses; monitor and assess quality, quantity and safety of the goods;
- Coordinate clearance of WFP, export/import in liaison with handlers and customs officials;
- Initiate action for requests for duty exemptions on all WFP imported shipments, food and non-food items;
- Establish contacts with shipping agents, clearing agents and superintendents and monitor the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air or sea), advising supervisors of need for intervention in case of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge and/or clearing operations;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience utilising computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Language Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.