These positions are advertised to develop a roster of recommended candidates, who may be offered positions on need basis.
In the aftermath of natural disasters, UNDP supports the affected communities in early restoration and rehabilitation of community infrastructure at the local level. Community Infrastructure and Community-Based Assets (physical and institutional) are critical for enabling local population to restart their lives and their economic, social and cultural activities. Human development is inextricably linked with the performance of these community based systems and structures. In this context, infrastructure rehabilitation programme(s) is UNDP’s key intervention in order to rebuild local structures that perform basic functions and services central to the survival and healthy functioning of the community and it’s economic sustainability. The goal of UNDP’s intervention is to assist affected community in leading its own recovery, harnessing its potential, expanding choices, learning new skills, and prioritizing its early recovery needs..
Pakistan has a recent history of devastating natural disasters such as Earthquake in 2005 and floods in 2010 and 2011, which have resulted in large scale losses of human lives, livelihoods and other resources. With an aim to prepare for early recovery support to the affected people after natural calamities, UNDP is developing a Roster of suitable candidates for various positions. The recommended candidates shall be offered to join UNDP response team in the wake of such disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under the direct supervision of the Provincial Community Restoration Cluster /Early Revovery Working Group Coordinator, the district Coordinator will:
· Provide technical and coordination support to the cluster and ERWG
· Foster coordination among the government, the UN agencies, the Sectoral Working Group (SWG) and Thematic Group (TG) members and other stakeholders for an integrated approach to Early Recovery
· Lead the process of information management through mapping of ER activities and gap analysis
· Provide high quality advice to the DDMA, district authorities, and ERWG members on improving the ER response
· Work as a liaison between the government, the UN agencies and other stakeholders at large to promote consensus based decision making
· Support the ERWG through providing intellectual and logistical support to assessments and reviews of ER activities
· Providing support to the concerned team in organising ER/Community restoration cluster in the districts
· Participating in the field level meetings of clusters, specially ER/Community restoration cluster, for a coordinated response to the crisis,
· Identify and report current and potential risks and issues which could impede response activities
· Submit periodical reports to the management;