Under the supervision of the UN Women Country Programme Director, and in close coordination with the Programme Officer, the Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Develop the gender analysis formats for population census provincial staff (3 days)
· Follow up to the capacity strengthening process of provincial census staff on gender analysis of census data (through developed and agreed formats, pre and post questionnaire) (15 days)
· Assess emerging capacity challenges/issues and opportunities for the provincial census staff in light of the merger of the data institutions at the national and provincial level (4 days)
· Analyze and assess the agricultural census questionnaire and identify gender gaps and produce recommendations to address it.
· Work plan 2012 with timeline
· Detailed Gender analysis formats
· Capacity follow up sessions reports
· Detailed assessment report
· Formats and recommendations for gender integrated agricultural census questionnaire
Minimum ten years experience in working with the Government, NGOs and international organizations on development issues, with strong experience in Gender and Census;
Strong knowledge and experience in applying international norms and standards on gender equality (CEDAW, Beijing Platform for Action, ICPD, etc.) to national and regional contexts;
Advanced degree in social sciences focus on gender issues considered an asset;
Strong communication and writing skills in English;
Experience in advocacy and activism on womens issues.