- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Service Contract (SC) ( firstshift )
University degree in economics, agriculture, international affairs, business administration, social sciences or development studies
5 Years(At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in commerce, development, administration or food aid support.)
PKR. 70,000 to 100,000/month
- Responsible for overall programme management which includes implementation and monitoring of programmes and activities in the region;
- Develop and sustain liaison with key professionals and NGOs engaged in the field of food security;
- Oversee preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of programmes;
- Assess the need for food in emergency and refugee/displaced person situations, draw up plans for its timely arrival in coordination with government and other donors, and monitor the implementation of these plans;
- Assist the government in identifying fields of development where food aid can be usefully employed and give assistance in planning, formulating, and targeting recipients for new requests for WFP aid;
- Liaise with project implementing authorities and undertake visits to view project outputs and beneficiaries, inspect storage places and points where WFP commodities are received in the country, in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives;
- Design and maintain databases of indicators relating to food security and WFP projects;
- Provide continuing liaison with bilateral food aid programmes, with UN agencies and with NGOs providing technical or other forms of assistance to WFP assisted projects.
- Advise the government on the handling, transport, storage and distribution (including marketing of commodities, if sold) of the commodities supplied by WFP;
- Assist the government on the maintenance of all records, accounts and books as stipulated in the Plan of Operations or the Letter of Understanding and ensure that reports required for WFP are accurate and provided as scheduled;
- Prepare periodic reports on the progress of operational projects and related government plans;
- Ensure compliance with WFPs policies, criteria and procedures with respect to food aid;
- Assist Regional and Country Directors and Programme Advisers in all matters related to the delivery of WFP emergency assistance and bring to the attention of appropriate regional/country staff any administrative constraints arising from rapidly evolving emergency situations in the field;
- Supervise other programme staff; provide training and technical guidance in their work;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.