- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Service Contract (SC)
Matriculation, Drivers License, Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills and minor vehicle repairs.
3 Years(Three to Five years work as a driver with safe driving record. UN experience would be an added advantage.)
Under the direct supervision of the Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Drives office vehicles for the transport of the authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items as required and authorized by the FSCO office.
2. Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and custom formalities as required.
3. Responsibilities for the day-to-day maintenance of all UN security assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc. Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
4. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing on a daily basis.
5. Ensures that the steps required by UN/ UNDP Rules and Regulations are followed should any Security Vehicle be involved in an accident.
6. Frequently performs the duty with the CSA/DSA/FSCO.
7. Maintains the filing system for DSS vehicles in the region.
8. Maintains the inventory of all DSS Vehicles in the region.
9. Performs the VIP mission duties.
10. Delivers the visa requests/ Official correspondence to the embassies and ministries.
11. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the CSA/DSA/FSCO.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills and minor vehicle repairs.