These positions are advertised to develop a roster of recommended candidates, who may be deployed on need basis.
In the aftermath of natural disasters, UNDP supports the affected communities in early restoration and rehabilitation of community infrastructure at the local level. Community Infrastructure and Community-Based Assets (physical and institutional) are critical for enabling local population to restart their lives and their economic, socialand cultural activities. Human development is inextricably linked with the performance of these community based systems and structures. In this context, infrastructure rehabilitation programme(s) is UNDP’s key intervention in order to rebuild local structures that perform basic functions and services central to the survival and healthy functioning of the community and it’s economic sustainability. The goal of UNDP’s intervention is to assist affected community in leading its own recovery, harnessing its potential, expanding choices, learning new skills, and prioritizing its r needs..
Pakistan has a recent history of devastating natural disasters such as Earthquake in 2005 and floods in 2010 and 2011, which have resulted in large scale losses of human lives, livelihoods and other resources. With an aim to prepare for early recovery support to the affected people after natural calamities, UNDP is developing a Roster of suitable candidates for various positions. The recommended candidates shall be offered to join UNDP response team in the wake of such disasters.
· Obtains, extract, and compile information on Early Reovery from files, publications, internet search andother sources, on own initiative or as directed Assist the SRA in project coordination and monitoring by keeping track of the project workplan and reports;
· Provide advanced word processing support by creating complex spreadsheets, maintaining databases and creating high quality reports, presentations, and other documents;
· Understand and assist in managingproject outputs, activities, project controls and draft correspondence as and when required;
· Assist in compiling and developing project workplans;
· Assist in coordinating all technical issues with the project partners and stakeholders;
· Assist in coordinating meetings, including preparation of agenda, invitations, and drafting minutes of the meetings;
· Assist in organization of project workshop and seminars, including preparation of proceedings and short reports; and