- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Programme Officer (Nutrition)
Fixed Term App (FTA)
University Degree in Nutrition or Public Health or Medicine with emphasis on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health. Knowledge of latest development and approaches to Nutrition
4 Years(3-4 Years progressive professional level experience in one or more of the following: Nutrition, Public Health, Health Policy & Management or a field relevant to development approaches to Public Health/ Nutrition.)
PKR. 175,000 to 200,000/month
Under the overall guidance of Chief of the Provincial Office and Head of Nutrition Unit, provide technical and operational support to WFP’s assisted nutrition interventions in the provinces in close collaboration with the Provincial Health Departments, NGO partners and other UN agencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate the on-going nutrition activities in development and emergency programmes. Analyze the received reports/data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommend corrective actions when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project-management and evaluation.
- Represent WFP’s mandate, comparative advantage, and approaches at provincial and interagency technical meetings and advocate for nutrition specific interventions; encourage information exchange to enhance complementarities of strategies; identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
- Developdetailed implementation modalities and work plans of activities in liaisonwith national stake holders, UN agencies and with non-governmental organizationsinvolved in Nutrition activities in the country to build consensus onimplementation.
- Coordinate with provincial office teams to liaise with project implementing partners to follow up on plan progress, undertake visits to monitor project outputs and inspect relevant activities, in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives;
- Provide technical advice, assistance and support to Provincial Governments and other partners in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of current & future nutrition programmes.
- Coordinate with other units for timely delivery of food to the targeted beneficiaries. Ensure timely preparation of agreements/ MOUs with all partners for quality delivery of services.
- Coordinate, support, conduct and/ or lead nutrition surveys, appraisal, evaluation and needs assessment missions as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely inputs/ reports from the implementing partners for M&E analysis and status reports.
- Plan, organize and conduct nutrition-related trainings for implementing partners and WFP staff. Assist in identification of training needs and objectives for capacity building, programme sustainability as well as promotion and advocacy.
- Ensure compliance with WFP’s policies, criteria and procedures with respect to Nutrition policies and guidelines with strong managerial skills.
- Proficiency in local language would be an asset.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Good analytic skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement, tact, negotiating skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.