The Finance Assistantwill be based in Hyderabad office, Pakistan and provide overall accounting support in the day-to-day management and functioning of the sub-office. In particular, he or she will:
· Prepare payment request forms and ensure completeness of supporting documents.
· Check invoices and verify that equipment, supplies or services had been duly received or provided.
· Maintains the Petty Cash Imprest Account of the sub-office.
· Assist in the preparation of travel expense claims of staffs and computation of DSA and other entitlements.
· Assist in compiling the monthly financial package & submission to Islamabad office along with all vouchers.
· Monitor office supplies, maintenance supplies, utilities and their invoicing, pests control services, etc. Monitor stocks of supplies and orders or requests replenishments when required.
· Verify mileage log and gasoline consumption for the office vehicles.
· Maintain the record of relief goods received and dispatched for further distribution.
· Prepare and update warehouse records.
· Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
University degree, preferably in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration. Four years work experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of accounting system. Field experience in a post conflict environment. Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration.
Good Communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Thorough knowledge of Urdu and English. Knowledge of any local languages and advantage.