Purpose of assignment:
Enhance recruitment web portal to become more efficient and help in attracting candidates from diverse background with focus on female and minority candidates. Developing uniform induction guidelines for new UN staff.
The HRWG developed a work plan for the year 2012. The outcomes of the HRWG work plan includes;
1. Providing gender balance, diverse human resource of the highest standards of competence and integrity to ensure effective delivery of One-UN programs and humanitarian action;
2. Extension of contract with recruitment web portal, based on the positive outcome of retainers’ feedback;
3. Developing induction package.
The One-UN recruitment web portal is an important instrument to attract the right kind of candidates for the right job at the right time and place. The portal has been designed and customized to the specific UN requirements (e.g, P-11 application forms) and facilitates the continuous creation and expansion of talent pools/rosters for the various functional areas. However, it needs continuous enhancement to maximize its usefulness and technical operability; all new enhancement opportunities and problems need to be collected from the concerned UN agencies and immediately followed up with the recruitment web portal partner company. The retainer will swiftly deal with all such issues and will report back to the concerned UN agencies on the final outcome so that all 19 Agencies will immediately benefit from the improvements made.
The retainer will also help the HRWG in expanding its workforce in terms of diversity and developing uniform induction guidelines for newly recruited UN staff. This will further enhance the HR brand of One-UN Pakistan to the outside world.
Major tasks to be accomplished:1. Collection of feedback from all UN agencies on regular basis regarding progress on the outcomes of the HRWG work plan and assist in its biweekly reporting;
2. Follow up with One UN recruitment web portal company regarding the identified problems;
3. Ensure solution to the identified problem through rigorous follow-up with the web portal company and UN agencies;
4. Disseminate solution of the identified problems to the UN agencies;
5. Assist the HRWG in identification of potential sources of talent identification for all functional areas with emphasis on women and minorities
Developing induction package for the One-UN
- Number of queries and suggestions for enhancement of recruitment web portal from each agency;
- Number of shared capacity building and learning opportunities among the UN agencies;
- Number of harmonized HR practices;
- Number of follow up for enhancement of recruitment web portal from each agency;
- Number of solutions to the identified problems
- Circulation of bi-weekly reports.
- List of potential sources of talents.
- Monthly Progress Reports
Time-Frame: Five months from the start date
University degree in Business Management/Administration with specialization in HR social sciences, public administration, Business Administration, social work or related field.
At least three years of working experience with performing similar HR functions
Good hands on experience using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge on HR related database software, data management skills and recruitment web portals is highly desirable.
Fluency in English both verbally and in writing.