Reporting to the Head of programme, through the Deputy Head of Programme, the Senior Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
· Assist in the review, design and planning of an expanded cash & voucher programme and ; guide WFP staff and partners in the design and costing of community/ household interventions/activities that can be accomplished through the provision of cash interventions
· Participate in and contribute Cash for Work/Livelihood Cluster meetings that will be held at frequent intervals; Also liaise with new project implementing partners for cash and voucher assistance and prepare Letters of Understanding and Field Level Agreements;
· Ensure appropriate beneficiary targeting through the introduction of formal guidelines, and training where appropriate, to WFP staff and partner organizations. Ensure the use of standardized mechanisms by WFP staff and partner organizations that enable efficient , secure and accountable utilization of cash resources;
· Establish processes/systems that capture the information essential to ensure best possible reporting of financial, narrative and statistical information as may be required by government, donors and WFP.
· Ensure WFP staff and partners are able to effectively monitor and ensure compliance with WFP’s policies, criteria and procedures with respect to cash and voucher assistance and document all cash-based interventions including the impact of such activities within the household, community, and local markets;
· Follow up on the resource situation of projects including cash availability; advise on appropriate resource/pipeline tracking tools for this purpose;
· Undertake visits to view project outputs and beneficiaries, inspect disbursement points where WFP Cash and Vouchers are distributed in the country, in order to ensure that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives;
· Prepare timely analytical and critical reports on the progress of operational projects, including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of cash and voucher programmes;
· Assess options and feasibilities to expand cash transfer programming to other districts of Pakistan, eventually based on mid-term reviews of ongoing cash activities;
· Assist in all matters related to the delivery of WFP cash and voucher assistance.
· Perform other related duties as required.
- 3-5 years experience in management of cash-based programming i.e. CFW, vouchers and cash grants
- Capacity to develop workplans, budget , implement and analyze CFW assessments,
- Skills in training, monitoring and evaluation of cash-based interventions
- Strong coordination skills with the ability to manage information (statistical analysis, report writing and presentations).
- Knowledge about the Minimum impact of cash programming on local markets (EMMA)